1. There might be no better or worse feeling hearing that an ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend is now dating a “Poor mans version of you”. I haven’t quite figured out if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Is the fact they still want to be with someone who is just like you, but not you a good or bad thing?
2. There is only on real thing that comes to mind when I hear "lay it down" and I can’t help but feel like I’m not in the minority.
3. Everyone is up in arms over the replacement referees causing a ruckus in the NFL. Yes, everyone. Even my mom sent me a text yesterday afternoon saying she thought it was an interception at the end of the Packers/Seahawks game on Monday night.
4. I didn’t see the Monday Night Football debacle because I was at boxing class. For a young male adult, that seems like a true measuring stick of dedication to something. “That” being the dedication to miss an NFL game to do anything.
5. If you're gonna cross the line, expect the repercussions.
6. I’ve decided that Target is where bougie Latinos shop. Not that it’s a bad place to shop, it’s just where they shop because they refuse to go to Wal-Mart. You know the bougie Latinos I’m referring to, the ones that HATE Wal-Mart.
7. We live in a time of “I love me some me”, and we’re all guilty of it at one time or another.
8. Sometimes I hide my bad spelling in my note taking in class with my poor penmanship. I can take notes for a whole class sometimes and not know anything I wrote down by the end. Luckily these are in print, for your sake.
9. If you find a hair in your food at a restaurant and you send the food back, when the waiter comes back and apologizes you shouldn’t say “no worries”. Clearly, you were worried. I’m also not sure that you should send it back. Who knows if they will do something worse to your food!?!? Isn’t it better to deal with the devil you know rather than the devil you don’t?
10. By the time I’m writing this column/piece next week, my father will be home upon completing the last day of his prison term. He comes home next Tuesday, which should be quite the shock for me. I don’t think he is as excited to be out and see me as he is disappointed they wouldn’t let him out earlier so he could make the Broncos/Raiders game this weekend. I feel like the little girl in ConAir and my dad is coming home, except I’m the one with the weird, long Nicholas Cage hair. Yes, that was a ConAir reference. I love terrible movies.
11. It’s true, I love terrible movies. So much so, I got “27 Dresses” on DVD as a birthday gift. I don’t know what it is, but I get mesmerized by awful movies. Confession time: Two weeks ago I was watching Sunday NFL Countdown, ESPN’s NFL pregame show, and I smashed the remote and the channel changed to ABC Family. ABC Family was playing “Bring It On”. Let’s just say I never made it back to ESPN.
12. Am I the last person who hasn’t seen a legitimate 3D movie?
13. “Current diligence equals future usefulness.”
14. I’m less than 2 weeks away from possibly being deployed to Salem, Oregon in the event of a work stoppage for my company. I was psyched to go until I found out I will be an outside tech in a city I’ve never been to. I sulked all day yesterday about it. Today I perked up as I found out I’m going to need a pair of work boots. Guess who will be getting a new pair of Earthkeepers with their corporate credit card?
15. I already know I’m going to get in trouble for this, but oh well… I have this complete irrational fear when buying condoms of being pulled over by the police after buying them thanks to the show “To Catch A Predator”. On every episode of the show, they question the men they bust and search their cars and find condoms. I feel like this is for sure going to happen to me and somehow I will be thrown in jail by the police upon my purchase.
16. I forgot to bring a shirt to change into for boxing tonight, so I’ll be wearing a polo shirt ala Ricky Hatton for training. Luckily we have the same body type.
17. Writing has been difficult the last few weeks, especially with school. I know this seems like it’s likely easy, but it’s harder than you think. Being inspired is hard to come by so when inspiration comes, ride it like a tidal wave.
18. Brilliance is such a broad concept. Don’t try to limit it.
19. If you break the rules, then be a rule breaker. Don’t be an apologist for something you do wrong, especially when you knew it was wrong before you do it.
20. “In reality, all men are sculptors, constantly chipping away the unwanted parts of their lives trying to create a masterpiece." Sometimes the masterpiece may never be finished, keep chipping away anyway.